West Philippines Sea -- March 26, 2024

Three Days ago, China used Water Cannons which are very capable of destroying properity and harming people to stop a Philippian Navy resupply ship in its way to the Second Thomas Shoal. These actions are the latest in the ongoing asymmetrical conflict between China, and The Philippines, Vietnam, Austraila, and India.

China continues to lie about their actions. "Vice Foreign Minister Chen Xiaodong... made stern representations on issues... [about the] transportation of supplies to the illegally "beached" military ship on Second Thomas Shoal in the Spratly Islands...." in the West Philopines Sea.

From 23 March 2024: "Chinese ships blasted water cannons at ships on Manila’s latest resupply mission to [the West Philippines Sea] outpost on Second Thomas Shoal." This is the West Philippines Sea region.

Manila chides China to take the disput to Arbitration. China knows it will lose its case.

Is China sincear about peace in the West Philippines Sea? This is the big question which the Philippines is asking.

From the perspective of this obsever, I have to say, "No, they don't want a peaceful resolutation of any kind." It looks like Japan may agree. According to The Manila Times Japan said, "South China Sea incidents legitimate concern of international community." I only wish they would also report it as the West Philippines Sea.

Personal Note

I have not written in a long time. I know it shows. My last book, on practicing the Solitary Craft of the Wise, was written in 2009. Since then, I've retired, and I am now living in The Philippines. I'd rather face the Chinese threat in The Philippines than the MAGA threat in the USA. At 66 years of age, I am way past the Ground Pounder Age.

Comments